March 25, 2010
Hi, My name is Angelica and like you, I would also love to start my own clothing and accessories line. However, I would greatly appreciate your advice on how I can go about getting buyers interested in my line. Do you have any tips or advice on how to get meetings with buyers? Any suggestions will be very helpful and greatly appreciated! Sincerely, Angelica
First, congratulations on your new business! It isn’t easy, but if you know this is the life for you and you can take steps to be successful, it is all worth it!! Here are some tips that I always think about when approaching buyers:
1. Offer merchandise that meets competitive pricing and would be of interest to a buyer
2. Approach stores that your product would fit into – always thinking of merchandising and the current season
3. Visit the store, get to know the buyer’s assistant if at all possible. Even though the buyer may not have time for you, if the assistant really likes your product, that’s a step closer to the buyer.
4. Call, email or mail buyers with your proposal to meet – I always say “I would like the opportunity to meet with you”
5. Be prepared for you meeting and knowledgeable of your product, memorize all the details so you appear professional
6. Think out of the box. When I wanted to pursue my dream of having an estate inspired jewelry line, I knew I would have to find the right place to sell. It made perfect sense to do my collections for HSN. And after just having my one year anniversary – I know I made the right choice!
7. Be persistent and aggressive – don’t give up!
Hope you find these inspirational. And really, best of luck to you and all the women who become empowered and start their own businesses. All my best, Ramona
March 6, 2010
How lovely is it that Betty Confidential took the time to do a three page online feature on me AND offered this great giveaway for my HSN jewelry – Check it out!
March 6, 2010
I think you’re fantastic on the Housewives show and have been watching carefully for anything I may pick up from you. I am a struggling mother of two and have been trying for a while now to buy wholesale and then resell it for a profit. I sell a few things online to make some extra money and then I search and search the web looking for other avenues for wholesale items. Do you have any adcice for me in find the resources to do this and what are the best ways to re-sell the products?
Thanks very much for your time! Catherine
The start of any business is tough at first, but if you keep at it and continue to look for more leads the way you have done here, you will find them! I would suggest checking out trade magazines and newspapers for overstock inventory. You can also call stores or brand manufacturers and inquire about any inventory they may need to unload. Factories often times have excess of a production or “Over-Runs” as they are sometimes called, you can spend time calling apparel factories and leaving your contact information should they ever need to sell off any extra clothing.
More important than your inventory is your relationship you develop with buyers. These people will be the deciders on whether or not you make your sales! Build a trusting, professional relationship with them and you will do great business. I remember a very long time ago when I first started out, I made my first buyer contacts by purchasing a closeout retailers directory book. I’m sure they still have these. Also, there is an annual tradeshow in Las Vegas you can attend and meet off-price buyers and sellers alike.
I hope this is helpful to many of the business inquiries I receive. Best of luck to you! Wishing you the best of success in your new-found business, Ramona
January 14, 2010
Welcome to my official blog!
I have received so many requests for my opinion on business, beauty, health, fitness and family that I thought it was finally time to start the conversation with all of you in one centralized place. I also wanted to use this platform to thank all of my fans for all of your support these last few years. As we get ready for the premiere of Season 3 on March 4th, I can tell you this will be our best season yet and it is chock full of surprises!
Be sure to bookmark this page and check back often, I will be updating my blog often with photos, stories and lots of tips. Please comment! I love to hear from all of you.