November 24, 2010
Thanksgiving is such a special time of the year. In the midst of the beauty of fall, we celebrate what we are thankful for, feast together, and are reminded that family time is the best time spent. One of my favorite things to do is to cook for my family. Crafting the perfect dish takes so much time, but is all the worth when I see my family try to over stuff their faces with seconds, thirds and however much they can fill their stomachs with. My family stuffing recipe gets them every time! My mother shared this recipe with me as a young girl and I have passed it down to Avery. It is special to me that she loves helping me prepare this one for our family. From my family to yours, here is the…
Singer Stuffing Recipe:
1/8 of a Cup of Olive Oil
¼ Stick of Butter (sweet unsalted butter)
2 Cups of Chopped Onions
2 Cups of Chopped Celery
2 Cups of Chicken Broth (College Inn)
15 Ounces of Pre-Seasoned Cubed Stuffing (Arnolds of Pepperidge Farms)
1 Pound of Sweet Sausage
1. Sautee 2 cups of onions and 2 cups of celery in an 1/8 a cup of olive oil(put aside)
2. Cook crumbled sweet sausage (until fully cooked) for 20 minutes at 350 (put aside)
3. Add 2 cups of chicken broth to ¼ stick of butter and heat to a boil (for optimum taste add the stuffing during the final few minutes of boiling)
4. Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl
5. Cook in oven for 30 minutes at 350 or put inside turkey for entire cooking time
6. ENJOY !!!
I take pride in making this a special day for Mario, Avery and myself and I make sure to decorate our house to ensure it looks festive. Be sure to send photos of your festive homes on my Facebook and Twitter, I will choose my favorite 3 and post them on my blog! I cannot wait to see all of the photos …Happy Turkey Day!
November 2, 2010
A huge thank you to everyone who submitted their Halloween costumes on my facebook and twitter pages. It was so much fun looking through all of the photos – my fans are so creative! I had to narrow it down to my top four, but as always you all are winners!!!